Sunday, September 23, 2012

{Sunday Social}



You know the deal. Answer the questions and link up with Ashley & Neely


1. What is something you have wanted to do but are afraid of?
Definitely sky diving. I have a fear of heights but there is something about just jumping out of a plane (with someone attached to you of course) that seems liberating. There is a place not too far from where I live (probably like 20 minutes) where you can go sky diving. It is on my bucket list to do!

2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I hope that within the next five years, I have my own classroom in a good district. I hope to have my own place (I will cry if I am still living at home at 30, ha!) and be engaged or possibly married to my one true soulmate. I hope to be settled down into my dream home (or in the process of looking for one) by 30. I just want to have my life together by then, ha ha!

3. What are you looking forward to before the end of 2012?
-I start my job (October 4th!!). It'll be nice to be in a school setting again, getting my foot in the door.
-My 26th(!) birthday! It's on a Sunday (boo!) but I just told two of my best friends we need to go out in NYC for the night (obviously on Saturday).
-My niece's birthday (she turns 8!!! She needs to stop growing up so fast).
-Just simply spending time with family and friends.

4. What are your hopes for your blog?
I hope to continue blogging being myself, being real. I am finding this to be a therapeutic outlet for me. I hope to connect with more bloggers. I would also love to be able to figure out how to design my own blog. Or maybe give it a professionally designed blog look! 

5. Do you always see yourself living in your current city/town?
Probably not just because it is SO expensive to live on Long Island! While it'd be nice, I think I would like a change of scenery. Maybe another town on the island or a completely different state! I know I could never see myself living in NYC. I am definitely a suburban girl.

6. What is your morning routine?
-Get up whenever my many alarms ring (I set at least 3-4 on my phone and a regular arm clock...so paranoid!)
-Watch TV in bed as I browse FB, check my email. 
-Make myself a cup of coffee because otherwise, it'll be a pretty ugly day!!
-Shower, Blow dry my hair and get ready for work. Soon, I'll be getting up a lot earlier than 9 or 10!!


4 comments:

  1. As much as I miss LI sometimes, it is just TOO expensive for me to consider moving back there, which is a shame because I really would love for my (future, hypothetical) children to have a great public school education like I did. I also don't want to stay where I live now either though. Where will you be working starting next week? Have you considered a move south? The Carolinas are great for teachers, but still have that suburban feel and are close to the beach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a permanent sub Spanish position in a district on LI. I definitely have considered moving to the South!!

      Delete
  2. This kinda makes me laugh, bc my first teaching job has been in Alaska after desperately trying to get a job in PA. I've heard NY is a really tough state to get certified in/get hired.
    And Jenn at Munchkinland Designs did my blog design. It was painless for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New to your blog and love it! I'm sure you'll accomplish all of those goals by the time you're 30! A lot can change in 5 years...I always tell myself that because 5 years AGO my life was completely different than it is now!

    ReplyDelete