Saturday, September 15, 2012

Good things REALLY do come to those who wait...

I have become a firm believer in good things happen to those who wait. I think that if something happens and it wasn't what you wanted or expected, well there is a reason for that. Something better is meant for you and will come along when the time is right. 

Well, remember how I talked about the interview I had on Wednesday? It was for a permanent Spanish sub position in a district not too far from my house. I had originally applied for a Students with Disabilities 7-12 Spanish position back in July and never heard from them. When they called last week to ask me if I wanted to come in for an interview, I was shocked! Shocked that they didn't lose my resume. 

My interview was Wednesday, I sent a thank you email on Thursday. Yesterday (Friday) when I was at work, I had a missed call from the principal. I called him back and got his voicemail. Then I got another call back from him. He told me he had "good news and bad news." The good news? I was the candidate chosen for the permanent Spanish sub position!!!!! Bad news? I couldn't start until I was approved by the Board of Ed. That's not so bad. I was SO HAPPY to hear that news. I was in shock that I was actually chosen! 

I have to call the principal's secretary on Wednesday, the one I'll be working with for assignments and such. While there are no benefits to being a permanent sub job, I will be in the school 5 days a week...every day school is in session. I don't think (or know) if I have to make lesson plans at all but I am just so excited. This is my foot in the door! At least I have found a position to be in a school environment (after only 2 interviews!) and hopefully this will lead into a full time position or be a stepping stone for me to get that.

I was so happy I cried happy tears. One of my coworkers went and bought me a congratulations card with a little $5 giftcard to Starbucks to buy a coffee on my first day which was so sweet. I felt bad not being able to work the morning shifts hosting anymore but talked with my manager and she was COMPLETELY understanding. She was excited and now she REALLY needs to hire someone else! I am still going to keep my job in the restaurant at nights and weekends (so it'll be Monday/Wed/Friday night and all day Sat & Sun availability) because I need to get those loans paid off! Plus I have my tutoring job so I shall be a busy girl!


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Kristin! I was so darn excited when I had my first long-term position. It is definitely a foot in the door and makes you feel like a real teacher. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm excited...I have no idea what it really entails and just know I have to be approved by the board of ed before I can start!

      Delete
  2. Yay!! Very exciting! It's definitely the beginning of a permanent placement ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! I have become a firm believer in "good things come who those who wait" over the past few years, and it couldn't be more true for you! I can't wait to hear how things go for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete