Monday, July 9, 2012

Thank You For Being A Friend....

Sometimes, we just need a reminder of how lucky we are to be blessed by certain people in our lives. There's a quote that I love that explains this completely:

"Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same."

I feel very lucky with the friends I have made over the years. Through thick and thin, we have been there for each other. After all, that is what friendship is all about. Recently, some events that happened made me think twice.


Me & my sweet friend Olivia. We met 7 years ago(!) as freshmen in college, without knowing we lived 15 minutes from each other at home. We just totally "get" each other. We have odd senses of humor, love Disney, have similar tastes in music, etc. She has not been having the easiest time lately. A few weeks ago, her dad fell at work (he has his own business with home theater systems) and had to have surgery on his knee/leg. Her beloved dog, Frankie, had been sick and they found a tumor the size of a golf ball on his rectum. He had surgery the last week in June, came home last weekend, and was paralyzed. Last Monday, her family decided to put him to sleep. Yesterday (7/7) was her birthday. Her mom was getting ready for work and heard her Nana, who lives with them, moaning from her room. She checked and Olivia's Nana fell out of her bed. An ambulance took her to the hospital and there was bleeding on her brain. On top of all of it, she just started her first job this week. What a crappy few days for her. So last night, at John's party, I baked her a cake and we sang happy birthday to her. The joy on her face was worth getting up at 8 when I could've stayed in bed another hour and a half. I know she'd do the same for me.

Even my best friend, April...we havent seen each other in weeks yet we still talk every few days, whether through Facebook or texting.  She moved to Queens because she works in Manhattan. Even when she comes home, we try to see each other. We know way too much about each other and she will always be my best friend.

I could go on and on about it. But honestly, I am so grateful to have such wonderful friends. Honestly, I feel like I am going to have a huge wedding party years down the road when I get married because I want to include everyone. Such wonderful people have blessed my life and I wouldn't trade it for a thing.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a good friend for being there for your friend. It's gotta suck having all that happen to her in the span of a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lucky to have such great friends!!

    ReplyDelete