Thursday, June 30, 2011

{Thinking of the future...}

Okay, so I have always known I wanted to have kids when I was older. Being the youngest child of five in my family {and the only girl!}, I always liked the idea of growing up with lots of siblings. Personally, I would have preferred to have a sister thrown into that mix but growing up with four brothers {one who has a disability} has been nice.

And I love my nieces & nephew to pieces. They are constant reminders of the little ones I know I will have when the time is right with the right guy. And I have always known I wanted to adopt after having my own children. There are so many people in this world who can't have children and adopt. Or they already have children AND adopt. I would love to be part of the second half in the future aka like the next 10 years or so.

So I'd like to share this with y'all. I came across Savannah's blog (btw, I think that is just such a beautiful name) and in turn found her mother's blog. I do not know her/the family personally but her family's story is just so touching, inspiring and makes me want to be a better person all around. In addition to having their own three biological daughters, her parents adopted two little girls from China over the last five years. This time around, the family is in the process of adopting a little boy to bring into their loving family! The pictures of him on Savannah's blog are beyond priceless and precious. They are raising funds to help with the cost of travel, the adoption,etc. They are featured on this website, Wild Olive, to fundraise for their adoption. If you want to purchase a shirt and help them out, check out Savannah's blog for the code when purchasing a shirt.

The family's story is an inspiration and I can only hope I can be that self-less, loving and inspiring when I have one of my own! Check it out today and maybe the shirts will appeal to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment