Friday, February 7, 2014

{day 7: public encouragement}


Today's prompt in the blogging challenge is public encouragement. I like this idea. It coincidentally comes during the same week we had PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention System) week at school. Each subject area (math, science, english, ss and language) have a specific assignment they do. The foreign language classes had to come up with positive quotes that are uplifting and empowering. I LOVE quotes. They can impact and speak to you on a variety of levels.

This is a two-fold post. One, I want to public encourage people. Two, I want to share some words that speak to me.

My mother.  She is probably the strongest lady I know. I admire her so much for raising five kids (one with a disability by herself). I know that the last few weeks haven't been the easiest for her with the way she has felt and thus resulting in having a stent put in her heart on Wednesday afternoon. I know she is going to take awhile to rest and recover but this lady is a fighter. She has shown me such strong determination. I am here for whatever you need, mom!


My besties. Shannon & Olivia. Who would have thought we would all go away to school 2-2.5 hours (depending on traffic) and meet each other when we lived 5 minutes and 15 minutes from each other at home? Both of you are SO talented and SO giving. Olivia, I know you will find the right social work job when the time is right. Whoever choses to hire you is going to be one LUCKY agency/group! Shannon, the right teaching job IS out there for you. You ARE going to get it and the kids you have in your classroom will be so blessed to have you as your teacher. You are both going to end up with amazing men (Olivia, we're just waiting on Marc to pop the question!).




April. My best friend from home. I will never forget how upset I was when we had to be stand partners in 6th grade band. Oh the stupidity now! Our friendship evolved and we discovered we were so much alike. She moved to Florida in April and I haven't seen her since August. I miss her so much. I know you're doing amazing things at the paper in Florida and you will be the best news reporter I know.


Some of my favorite encouraging words (on my Pinterest board):










And I leave you with this video, My Last Days from Zach Sobiech. It made me bawl the first time I watched it and empowered me so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment