Sunday, February 23, 2014

{Day 23 - The Joys of Blogging}





Today's prompt in Bailey's blogging challenge is the joys of blogging. What a fantastic prompt! I really like this because it allows me to reflect on why and  how I started blogging. This is what I am sharing with you:

{1} A creative outlet:  Years ago, I had a blog on livejournal. Or would that be more of a journal? Whatever. I started this blog over three years ago. I remember I stumbled upon some blogs about families adopting from China when I was at home recovering from surgery and wasn't allowed to work. I figured I would start my own (clearly I am not adopting...any time soon ;)) and see where it took me. I really enjoy blogging as a creative outlet because I can just let the words flow and be my true self. I am not putting on a fake front. I also like it because it is a memory keepsake. I am probably never going to blog and turn it into a blog book (and if you do that, I am soo not making fun of you) but I do enjoy going back, reading some of my blog posts and remembering those days!).

{2} Meeting new people: I have not met anyone in person from blogging...yet! One of these days I would love to do a blogger meet up somewhere (however, I hope I do not chicken out at the last second haha). It is nice to meet people from all walks of life, all areas of the world and connect over certain things. It is refreshing in this day and age.

{3} Opportunities: Blogging allows you to meet new people (see #2). Blogging allows you to attend conferences and it also provides you opportunities for sponsorships. You can review products that companies send you (I would so love to do this) and allows you to explore a whole new side of you.

Looking at this now, I realize many of my positives are similar to Bailey's. I think the biggest joy I love about blogging aside from connecting with new people is having a virtual scrapbook. I love taking photos to look back on memories so having a blog is a great place to have it!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't met any blogging friends in person yet either. I'd love to be able to do that one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The creative aspect is why I initially started my blog, but I am so thankful that it's allowed me to make great friends in the process, too! I loved all of your words here, Kristin! xo

    ReplyDelete