Monday, February 3, 2014

{Day 3 - Something that Scares You}


Today is day 3 of Bailey's #blogeverydayinFEB blog challenge. I am pretty proud of myself for continuing with this (let's hope I continue to remember!). I am relaxing as I had a SNOW DAY from school today! The second of the year. I was starting to put my cover up on and my phone rang with that lovely call echoing the words "We are closed." Praise the lord! I went back to bed.

Today's prompt for the blogging challenge is Something that scares you. Everyone has the normal fears of something that scares them like needles, height, clowns or bugs. What's my fear?

Ending up alone.

Does that seem kind of silly? I hope not. I think I could be labeled as a hopeless romantic. I love anything sappy. Chick flicks are my go-to kind of movie. But at the ripe old age of 27, I feel like my love life is going nowhere and I am going to end up alone with my dog (that wouldn't be the worst case scenario).

I read and follow so many blogs of people who are either in a serious relationship, engaged or newly married. Am I envious? Of course. Is that normal? I think so. I desperately want to have that. I want to be someone's best friend that they can't live without. I want to become someone's wife and the mother of their children. I want to have someone to travel and explore new areas with. Someone to create new memories for a lifetime.

The closest I was to this was when I was in a relationship with the ex and over a year ago, I had come to the realization that the chemistry that was there in the beginning (of our second go-around) was no longer there. I couldn't force myself to be in a relationship with someone I did not see a future with. I had to be true to myself AND him because that was only fair. It was probably one of the hardest decisions I made but in the end, I knew it was right.

I have gone down the route of online dating and sometimes it is like "No, thank you." I almost feel like I flag certain weirdos to contact me. My mom tells me I work so much so how will I ever meet someone. The one guy I do like picked up and moved to another state for job opportunities!! Talk about annoying! I know that the right man will come along sooner or later. I keep praying to God to guide me in this area and know it will happen in the right time frame. I just hope I don't end up alone. Because this e-card certainly depicts my feelings perfectly right now!

3 comments:

  1. I know just what you mean Kristin, I'll be 26 this year, and so many of my friends are married AND having babies already! I will share something that has helped me and might do the same for you. For years, since I was a tween I think, I have kept a journal written to my future husband. I don't write it in all the time- as the years have gone on sometimes I only make an entry once or twice a year- but when you are feeling especially lonely, it really helps to write out those feelings and thoughts towards him! I intend to give it my future husband when the day comes, so really, you will have stored up all that love for him to read later. :)

    Plus, I always remind myself that I would much rather be single my whole life than to 'settle' or end up with the wrong man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you for sharing your heart with us! It is natural to desire companionship, and God created us with a longing to be pursued. He is the ultimate pursuer of our hearts, but that does not discount the very REAL feelings and longings we have. He sees you in this season and is so for you! I fear ending up alone, too, and often laugh it off as being silly but it isn't. At all. He is so faithful though and put that desire in you for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post - absolutely perfect! I'm also participating in this challenge - such a great way to write every day!

    sydney
    everydaysouthernprep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete