Sunday, June 24, 2012

Life lately

Life lately has been just all over the place. Because isn't that how it is suppose to be? Ha ha!

I am only working two days this upcoming week (Monday night and Wednesday night) because Friday-Sunday I will be in Atlantic City with three of my girlfriends! We are so excited because this is a girls only trip and we can't wait for the card ride! Seriously, I need another getaway!

Last night was super dead at work. And by super dead, I mean I went home at 7:30. Really weird for a Saturday night but I think it had a lot to do with school getting out this past Friday and a lot of graduation parties happening. After work, I stopped over at Barnes & Noble and picked up these two books. I like to alternate between reading on my Kindle and an actual book. I am excited for both of these books. Once I finish these, I have SO many more to read (the other 2 books in the Hunger Games series, ALL the Harry Potter books, Jodi Picoult's Lonewolf, etc). Thank goodness I love to read while I'm at the beach. 



The other day my boyfriend John decided to torture me by telling me he was getting me a present but not going to give it to me until Friday. That is torture. That is like waving a cookie in front of a toddler's face and going "nah nah nah nah you can't have this." He ended up going into the Vera Bradley store and bought me a beach towel plus a new bag. That was sweet of him!:)

My mom is currently in the basement cleaning it because the cable company is coming on Tuesday to re-wire the house. We have the TV in the family room and mine with the boxes but the signal is weak so when they required everyone to get boxes in February for EVERY tv, they didn't work. But, it's more of a difficult task because my mom is a pack rat and doesn't like to get rid of anything. God, I love her and she might call me one too because of my clothes in my closet but seriously, it's difficult for her to throw anything out. And I am the lucky one who will be home on Tuesday to witness this. Joy. But hey, once it's done, it's done! And maybe it will give my mom more motivation to clean out. I love her so much and try to help out as much as I can (without trying to make any comments) but she should be able to just enjoy her home. No need to be Martha Stewart but it'd be nice to just come into a clutter free home. I certainly hope I don't let myself do this when I own a home.

My brother's family got their new puppy yesterday! They got a mini golden-doodle and they named him Tucker Alex (my goddaughter felt he needed a middle name). He is absolutely adorable and I cannot wait to see this little guy:

 



 And for once in my life, I am going to try and go to bed early and read a little bit before I do. Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I wanna read that Winning Balance! Let me know how it is!

    ReplyDelete