Sunday, December 30, 2012

{A flash back into 2012}

With the new year approaching and my lovely winter break slowly winding down, it's hard to believe that there is only one more day left in 2012! Seriously, where did the time GO?! I spent the good majority of the year in a relationship and the last two months single. That relationship definitely taught me a lot about myself, what I want from a man, and was definitely one of those relationships you need to have as a "life lesson."

But overall, how was 2012? Not too shabby. Some highlights:

{january}
-Joined the gym. After talking about it forever. I did not go as often as I would have liked this year (especially in the last few months) but I think I need to keep at it. If I ever want to scratch that goal of a 5K off my life's bucketlist, I gotta start somewhere! And at the gym it is!

{february}
-My cousin Lisa got engaged to Bryce! They set the date for July 4, 2013 and I am a bridesmaid! I'm excited.

-My oldest brothe, Scott, turned 40! He has a disability. To celebrate his 40th birthday, my mom threw a party for him at the house. 

-took my Spanish CST for the 3rd time....AND PASSED IT! I found out in March I passed but I was happy to have this test FINALLY behind me!

-had my first car accident ever. $2500 of damage later, Cora the corolla (my car) is good as new.

{march}
-My cousin Stephanie had her identical twin girls, Charlotte Baily & Adeline Quinn. They were due in May, born two months premature and look how adorable they are now:

 
{april}
-My sweet niece Emma Grace turned 3! 

- saw Titanix in IMAX 3D! Haha such a good one.

-saw Lion King on Broadway. It was AMAZING!

-celebrated my mom's 64th birthday!

-made the switch from my sticky Blackberry to my wonderful iPhone 4!

{may}
-went on my long awaited cruise to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay & Nassau Bahamas with my now ex-boyfriend...people grow apart.




-participated in reading the ever-popular "50 Shades of Grey"....and liked it. Now can they cast the darn movie?!

-celebrated my brother Mark's 39th birthday!

{june}
-worked a lot.

-spent time with friends & went to outdoor bars.



{july}
-went on a girl's trip to Atlantic City!! We also stalked out the shore house from Jersey Shore!



-my niece Sara had her 5th recital and got a trophy!


-celebrated a year of dating with John. 

{august}
-went on my first teaching interview....didn't get it. but definitely learned a lot from the experience!

-Stephanie came to play in NY for a few days!!




{september}
-celebrated my nephew's 6th birthday!

-celebrated my brother Eric's 31st birthday!

-went on my second interview...got hired as a Spanish TA!

{october}
-started my new job as a TA

-survived the mess that Hurricane Sandy left on Long Island (the fact that we only lost power for 24 hours was a blessing)

-celebrated my SIL's 40th birthday!

{november}
-ended my relationship with John. By this point, we just grew apart and I really didn't see us lasting any longer. We had our ups & downs and I definitely appreciate anything & everything he ever did for me.us. I definitely learned from this relationship and I hope he finds someone some day that can make him as happy as he deserves to be.

-celebrated my 26th birthday with friends!


-saw Carrie Underwood in concert!

{december}
-subbed for one of my teachers I work with for a month...and I am glad to be rid of her 6th period class! HAHA!

-celebrated my niece's 8TH birthday!!!





-celebrated Christmas with the family. 


Overall, I think 2012 has been a very interesting year. It definitely had its ups & downs, highs & lows. I definitely learned a lot about myself as an individual, a teacher, and as a significant other. I learned what I want in a relationship and what I do not want. I learned who real friends are and who aren't. I am thankful to have such great close friends who are always there for each other (four of my best friends have experienced big losses since 12/11: Shannon - her dad, Olivia - her grandma, April - her grandpa, Stephanie - her grandpa) no matter the distance or situation. I really cherish these relationships.

I am hoping 2013 will be brighter, bigger, and better than 2012!! I'm open to the possibilities that may be thrown my way and I can't wait for the ride that is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment