Monday, October 15, 2012

Busy as a bee

Sometimes I feel like I am running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Or I am just the little engine that could and just keep going. I may be crazy for working three different jobs right now. But we have to do what we have to do. I am lucky in the sense that I do not have to do lesson plans because otherwise, I would have gone off the deep end by now!! At least I have easy days when they are taking notes and I just have to make sure they get notes done.

The only thing I am finding hard is the kids that get accomodations...some of them ask for EVERY answer. Like "What does this mean?" which I can tell them if it says it on their IEP but I also get "How do you say ________?" Today during one period, kids were finishing quizzes from Friday and one kid every other word was asking "How do you say this?" "How do you say that?" "How do you spell this?" I will give a hint or clue (such as maybe what letter it starts with) but I am not the one taking the test. I passed 8th grade Spanish 11 years ago (yikes!). I don't want to be mean but if I tell them the answer every time, it's not fair to the kids who don't get taken out and don't know the answers. 

I have officially given up on trying to find pants for school. Actually, it's a lie. I just hate the way everything looks. And I thought I had another pair of brown flats but evidently I don't (just the ones that hurt my toes right now). Why is it so difficult to find a pair? I looked at DSW when I bought the heels but I think I am going to try another store. Because I feel more shoes! Dressing up 5 days a week is HARD.

Today after school, I decided to go get my nails done before going to CPK since I didn't have to be there until 5:30. Well, I evidently was so tired I kept dozing off while I got them done! Who falls asleep when they get their nails done? Obviously me. I got this fun color for the fall, "Recessionista" by Essie. 




Oh yeah...I still have to switch my wardrobe over from summer to fall. Anyone want to do it for me? Or donate more clothes to me? :-P

Time to go to bed so I don't fall asleep while I am teaching first period tomorrow (or at any point in the day). My first period teacher has a meeting so she is leaving me with the sub plans to do and just have the sub sit there since chances are the sub doesn't speak Spanish. 

I also want to go to a wine store and find this wine. We sell it at work and when we have a new item, we test/taste it to be able to describe it to the customers. It's a sweet moscato but I really like it! 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl...I have nominated you for the Liebster Award!!! Check out my post and get all the info!!!! And collect your award of course!!

    http://www.riccialexis.blogspot.com/2012/10/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh that Nail polish is sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete