Wednesday, August 31, 2011

{WDW: Magic Kingdom & Typhoon Lagoon Days 3&4}

Okay, so back to my Disney vacation! Seriously, I believe it is a crime if you don't like Disney. It's the happiest place on Earth. I want to go back already...especially to see the construction in Fantasyland in Magic Kingdom (they're building a restaurant to have a theme from Beauty & the Beast!).

So, where was I? Okay, the 3rd day we were in Florida, Thursday, we hit up the Magic Kingdom! It started off better than Wednesday because it was not raining (we had thought it was going to rain all week and ruin the vacation). Before hitting up the parks, we went and had breakfast at Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Resort. LOVED it! Such a good buffet. We met some characters there (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto and Goofy are there) too:



After breakfast, we took the monorail over to the park and went on our merry way!

One of the first things we did was go to the speedway and drive cars. My brother & I took his oldest two kids on it (I rode with my goddaughter) and it was fun. Good thing we hit it first since when we got off it had a 30 min wait!

Waiting on line



My brother & nephew



Over by the spinning tea cups (a Randy Pausch quote)

We went to Mickey's Philharmagic after we went on the Winnie the Pooh ride. My brother got a surprise fast pass for ti when he had gone to get fast passes for Winnie the Pooh so we could do it after lunch. We caught the "Move it, Shake It, Celebrate it" parade again on our way out but this time to got to see it in whole. My nephew was so excited to see Woody and Jesse on it (he is a big Toy Story fan!). On our way out my mom bought Emma a Minnie Mouse and I just love this picture of the two of them:
After two days of the parks (Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom), we needed a break. Well, I could've kept going but I was just going along with the flow. So Friday, we decided to go to one of Disney's water parks. We went to Typhoon Lagoon which brings back memories of me getting lost at 6 or 7 (I forget) and I was scared, ha ha!

It was great because it was hot but we'd cool off with the rides. We spent some time in the big wave pool. Went on the Lazy River (this is the ride when I got lost). I took my niece to the other side of the park and we went snorkeling! I enjoyed looking at the fishes but man, that water was cold! Sara loved it! She was swimming back towards where you get in the water and I had to turn her around, ha ha! Eventually it started to DOWN pour and everyone ran for cover. Once it let up, we left the park and went back to the hotel before we had dinner at The Coral Reef in Epcot near the Nemo ride. It was a very nice restaurant and I even had a glow in the dark drink. We'll always remember the Coral Reef because it was a rather interesting dinner in which my niece Sara ended up staying with my mom and I to finish because the rest went back to the hotel.

One thing I have to say about the trip is the dining plan was so confusing. We had the deluxe so it included table service and quick serve but if you had table service, the tip part was confusing. We thought we would have figured it out by the end but nope. Even though there is a brochure to explain it, the tip part needs to be explained better!

Next up, Magic Kingdom Day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment