Monday, May 23, 2011

Extreme Couponing...my addiction!


Have y'all seen the show "Extreme Couponing" on TLC? I swear, it is my addiction. It just bewilders me how these people go about using their coupons. I mean, there is the episode I'm watching right now (a repeat) of a ministry student and his wife who pre-ordered a bunch of items and end up donating the majority of them. I mean, they had STACKS of jeans that they bought for $4.98 in their basement that they used a coupon for, so they got it for FREE...yet they donated it. It seems they donated the majority of their buys, which is great.

But to STOCKPILE things all over the house and spend HOURS in the grocery store, it is just pure madness! I mean, there was one episode with a lady who spent 60 hours a week couponing, including when she went dumpster diving for coupons! That's just almost sad! 60 hours a week could be a full-time job! There were also two twin sisters in Chicago (I think) that bought all the diapers and had a huge wall of them. Neither of them had kids. Don't you think the tape on the diapers won't be very sticky by the time they go to use them?

The show just bewilders me. Don't get me wrong...I love a good bargain! And I have no issue with using coupons (I always love my coupons to Victoria's Secret) to save some money. I do not ever think I would go to that extreme to widdle my grocery bill down from $500 to like 4 cents. Haha. It wouldn't be worth my time. And to be quite honest, I'd probably get bored in the whole process! HAHA.

If you're intrigued by the show (or addicted like me!), episodes are Wednesdays at 9:00EST (repeats) and new episodes at 9:30pmEST on TLC!

No comments:

Post a Comment