Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sara's 1st Holy Communion

Yesterday my 8 year old niece, Sara Elizabeth, made her first Holy Communion. It is really hard to believe that since it seems like yesterday that she was being christened!

I always feel so honored that I was chosen by my brother Mark & his wife, my SIL Laurie, as her godmother. When they announced they were expecting, I was thrilled! I couldn't wait to be an aunt. Then she was born on 12-6-2004 and instantly, we had a bond. On Christmas Day that year, they asked me to be her godmother as I was changing her diaper. Along with me, Laurie's younger brother John was asked.

Fast forward to 2013, and Sara made her first Holy Communion! She was such a gorgeous little lady and I am really excited to see where this new chapter of her life takes her. 
 Outside with the priest that did the service


 Me, Sara, and Uncle John (her godfather)




 I love this kid so much. She is my peanut.

 Sara with her cake
(Her hair is also not normally that curly! My SIL used soft rollers and she looked like a doll!)


No comments:

Post a Comment