Saturday, April 20, 2013

Life lately

I have been slacking in the blog department lately. And partly, it is due to the reason that I am running around like a chicken with its' head cut off! I have figured it out that between all my jobs (there's more than 2), I am working over 60 hours a week. Between being at school, the two tutoring jobs I now have, and working at CPK, I am working 7 days a week. But at least I am busy!! I can definitely sleep more in the summer.

There is all sorts of exciting news going around. My best friend April has worked for a Japanese newspaper in NYC for almost the past two years as a reporter for the UN branch. She legit got to work at the UN, see all sorts of important people, etc. After awhile, she was telling me she was ready to write about some other kind of news and had been putting out resumes since January of this year because she did not know how long it would take her to find something. About a week before Easter, she had gotten a call from a paper in Florida, they interviewed her over the phone and said they would check her references on Friday. So she tells me this Sunday when we were having brunch and then a few hours later, told me they were flying her down April 3rd for an interview there for 2 days! On April 10th, she found out she got the job! She is moving to Ocala, FL at the end of this month to work as a court reporter for their paper; definitely a different beat from what she is writing about now. I am so excited for my best friend but part of me is sad too because when we do see each other, time will be limited. But I plan on getting my booty there as soon as I can to visit!


Also, this past Monday I had an interview for a full-time probationary Spanish teaching position. It would be the IDEAL position for me because it is my dream district, my own where I went to school! I think the interview had gone really well and was told to expect to hear back from them by the end of the week. So low and behold, I got an email yesterday saying I will be continuing on in the process! (Monday's was a screening interview). I do not want to get my hopes up but I am at least excited to continue on in the process.

This past week felt like an eternity because I had to proctor the NYS English Language Arts Test. Students from Grades 3-8 all over NYS take it and its a three day ordeal. Every teacher felt like we were in the twilight zone. And we get to do it again next week with the math assessment from Wednesday-Friday. Goody gum drops! Is it June yet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment