Sunday, June 8, 2014

{Surprise Baby Shower!}

Last Sunday, my co-workers and I threw my one co-worker Anjelica a surprise baby shower! Back in the fall when she told me she was pregnant, I came up with this novel idea that we, as a team, should throw her a shower. Anjelica is one of the SWEETEST people you will ever meet. She is a true genuine person that is always concerned about those around her. 

I approached my manager and he thought it was a great idea. He said he would cover the cost of the food and let us have it at the restaurant. I got two of my other co-workers, Danielle and Meaghan, to help me collect money from everyone to get decorations and drinks, etc. We thought we would have a hard time getting it from the guys but everyone forked the $$ over once we told them $10 would get them lots of food & booze!

We invited Anjelica's parents & her brother to see her reaction. Figuring out how to get her there was a bit tricky since she doesn't work nights. One of our managers Alyssa said we should tell her it was the high five meeting and we had to hype it up. 

We TOTALLY pulled off the surprise. Her fiancee brought her there and when she walked in, we ALL yelled surprise and she immediately started shaking. She had no idea that her work family could keep a secret from her for two months!



Danielle & Meaghan's friend make the sign for the baby's room and Danielle's mom made the diaper cake! 



Under age had to drink from baby bottles










The work family. We may be one big dysfunctional group but we work well together. <3

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment