Sunday, April 6, 2014

{Reese's Peanut Butter Cupcakes!}

I started writing this on Wednesday and then my computer battery charger decided it wanted to kick the bucket. Therefore, I had to drop $80 on a new one at Best Buy yesterday. Sad day. 

I am a Pinterest addict. I have the app on my phone and my Ipad. Usually when I am bored, I am on it browsing for teaching ideas or a funny e-card. One of my boards is entitled "Yummy Food" with all the recipes and drinks I want to try. Fat kid at heart, really.

I decided I wanted to bake cupcakes and bring them to work for one of my manager's birthdays. All I did was ask her if she liked peanut butter & chocolate (who doesn't?!). This recipe/pin is the one that inspired this Pinterest endeavor. I took pictures as I did it on my phone because I figured, well I gotta share this on the blog!

Ingredients:
 -1 package of chocolate cake mix
-1-1/4 cups water
-1/2 cup peanut butter
-3 eggs
-24 mini peanut butter cups

Ingredients to make frosting
-6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chopped
-2/3 cup of heavy whipping cream
-1/3 cup peanut butter
-additional mini peanut butter cups, chopped



Directions
1. I mixed the cake mix (I like to use Devil's Food!), water, peanut butter, oil and eggs together in a bowl. Beat on low for about 2 minutes.



 
2. Fill paper-lined muffin tins halfway. Then add a Reese's peanut butter cup in the middle of each cupcake. Cover with an inch of the batter.





3. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to put on wire racks to completely cool.

4. As the cupcakes cooled, I made the frosting! To make the frosting, you place the semi sweet chocolate in a small bowl. Boil the heavy whipping cream and pour it over the chocolate, whisking it. Stir in peanut butter. Cool to room temperature or there is an even consistency spread. 

5. Spread over the cupcakes. Immediately sprinkle with extra peanut butter cups.




Seriously, if you love chocolate and love peanut butter, you need to try this!! It was a bit time consuming (having to unfold all the reese's peanut butter cups) and I definitely wish the part using the semi-sweet chocolate to make the frosting took less time but it's all a learning experience. These cupcakes were certainly a hit at work! I think I am going to find another recipe to try soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment