Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St.Patrick's Day!

How did I spend this day celebrating my heritage? Well, sick of course! One of the teachers I co-teach with sent an email yesterday saying she has the flu and she is going to be out 5-7. Awesome. She told me on Friday she thought she had the flu. Then why were you at school?!

I got up this morning and felt so sick. It's pretty weird considering I felt fine when I went to bed the night before and really didn't eat anything out of the ordinary. I was debating whether or not to go in for the whole day or take a half day. By this point, I had already missed the deadline for putting in for a sub on AESOP. I made it through 3 classes and by 5th period, I felt worse then I did when I woke up.

During my lunch period, I went to the main office and filled out the form for when you have to leave early. One teacher who I work with first period was there and goes "Oh dear god" when she saw me because apparently I looked that bad. I started crying because I felt super crappy so my boss just told me to go home. God bless her for having a heart because otherwise, I am sure I would have tossed my cookies all over the main office otherwise. I came home and slept from 12pm-3:30pm. It was so needed.

I still don't feel 100% so I took tomorrow off. Why is it that I feel guilty for taking a sick day? That's a big problem. I plan on going to sleep soon (I took a shower before and was just watching TV) and sleeping in. Hopefully by staying home tomorrow from school and tutoring (because I knew I couldnt do that) will help me feel better! Because this is certainly how I feel right now (okay, maybe I am being a tad over dramatic)


The only bright side is I am not working at the restaurant until Friday so hopefully I feel better by then. I am REALLY hoping that this isn't the flu. 

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon. I still feel kind of unsettled. Toast tastes good though. Go with toast :)
    Glad you were able to get out of work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh man! I'm so glad you were able to just go home. And taking the next day off was a very good idea! Rest! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete