Thursday, June 27, 2013

I don't wanna grow up...

Parts of being an adult just plain STINK. Like majorly. When you're little, you always think "Gee....I can't wait til I am older and can do that!" Or you're under the legal drinking age and you just want to go into the store and buy a 6 pack and you can't wait til you're 21. Newsflash kids...IT'S NOT ALL IT'S CRACKED UP TO BE!

My car is due for its New York State Inspection this month. Something I had been putting off until the end of the month because well....I was busy! I also needed an oil change and then apparently more work that hadn't be done in about 4 years. $400+ later, there goes my good morning!

I have to say, in retrospect, I was really lucky. I did not have to buy my first car. It was gifted to me through my mom. It was a 2 year old Corolla (it's an 04 and I got it in 06) and only had 25,000 miles on it when I got it. In the 7 years I have been driving it, I've put miles on it and I will drive that thing until it starts to become a TRUE money pit. I just wanted to whine about how much it cost me because I was NOT expecting that! Oh well.

In other news, this lovely lady made her debut to NY yesterday....meet my new puppy, Lily!

It was an experience in itself picking her up from LaGuardia airport and she is SO TINY!! Her birthday is 4-25. Only two months old. The breeder we got her from named her Cassie but I always like to name my own dogs. I started calling her Lily and it seems to have stuck. She has formed a bond with me...I went to take garbage out last night and she cried the entire 2 minutes I was outside....when I came back in, she was happy as a clam! Be prepared to be flooded with pictures of my sweet pup!

And there's some exciting news on the blog...I am getting a blog makeover. After blogging for almost 3 years, I finally bit the bullet and paid for one. I cannot wait for the reveal on the blog when it's done! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment