Monday, October 12, 2015

Billy Joel Concert!

I apparently never blog anymore. No worries....I am still alive!

On September 25th, I took my mom to see Billy Joel at Madison Square Garden in NYC! It was her combined birthday/Mother's Day/retirement gift. She has always wanted to see him as I have wanted to see him too. I would have tried to get tickets to his show at Nassau Coliseum on Long Island (he played the LAST concert EVER there) but the tickets were too expensive.

I got floor seats and they were pretty good! No, they were not right in front of the stage but that's okay! I used my iPhone to take pictures but sometimes they don't come out the best. Maybe its because I need to update my software! [Or get a new phone since it says I cannot update the software!]








What's really cool about Billy Joel is he has SO MUCH material that his set list is never the same every month at MSG. One of the employees was telling us that for the first three shows when he started playing there, he didn't play "We Didn't Start the Fire" (a classic!). Then the fourth show, he played it. 

He definitely played my favorites, "We Didn't Start the Fire", "Uptown Girl", "Piano Man", and "It's Still Rock and Roll to Me." There were some songs I would have liked to hear but it was a FANTASTIC show! Well worth the money and the best part was my mom had a blast. She deserved it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment