Wednesday, July 20, 2016

In Loving Memory

I really have been a bum most of this summer and that's okay. I was "go go go" throughout the school year so it's nice to relax.

On Monday, I was at my friend Olivia's mom's house with Shannon (Olivia's other maid of honor) and her Aunt Susan to finish the shower plans for Olivia's bridal shower. It's on Sunday July 31 and then the following Thursday, we leave for her cruise. In the middle of our plans, I got a phone call from my friend Amanda. I thought it was weird because she is usually so busy. I was busy and didn't pick it up. But then I got a text that said "Please call me."

I knew that something had to be wrong. When I called her back, I never thought I was going to hear the words that came out of her mouth. "Pete died yesterday." Pete was Amanda's fiance. I was in utter disbelief. They were at Amanda's friend's wedding (she was a bridesmaid) and apparently he collapsed during the reception. They were not able to save him. I was literally dumb founded because I just could not believe it. Pete was the kind of guy that never drank when we went out (he would always get Coke or Pepsi) and as far as I know, he never smoked. Always worked out and was just so full of life.

It breaks my heart because Pete made Amanda so happy. They had just moved into a condo together 2 weeks ago and were still planning their wedding for November 2017. I am just so heartbroken. Pete was taken too early from this life. He was the kind of person who knew how to make you laugh, even in the most awkward situations. He was always the person I went to about advice for my car and he would give the shirt off his back to him.

I can't believe instead of attending his wedding next year and watching him dance with Amanda, I have to attend his funeral this weekend. I am forever grateful for his friendship and know that I just have another guardian angel watching over me.






No comments:

Post a Comment