But my heart lies with sweets. Yeah, I would be the person standing at a sweet table at a wedding all night if there was one.
I have been a reader of Shay Shull's blog for at least the past year or so. She has the sweetest little family and her brother is this handsome dude, my favorite Bachelor to date! [Sean Lowe]
She wrote two cookbooks which I bought and one of them is 101 easy bundt cakes to make. Yesterday was my brother Scott's birthday so I made an Oreo bundt cake. There is still a piece waiting for me because I had to work and was not able to celebrate with the family.
Making the frosting!
Apparently the cake was a huge hit! And honestly, it was pretty easy to make!
1 box of chocolate cake mix
2 boxes of instant chocolate pudding
1/2 cup of veggie oil
1 1/4 cup water
1 container of vanilla frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease bundt pan.
2. Mix cake mix, pudding, veggie oil, water and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
3. Pour into bundt pan and bake for 40-45 minutes. (I put mine in for 42 minutes as a nice compromise!)
4. When the cake is cooling, you can mix your icing.
5. Empty container of vanilla icing into small mixing bowl. Put 10 Oreos in a Ziploc bag and break into small pieces. (You can use a rolling pin but I honestly used my hands!)
6. Mix Oreo pieces into vanilla icing. Add frosting to your cake.
7. Garnish with more Oreo pieces (I did this after..used about 16 Oreos in total)
I can't wait to try making more of her cakes! Honestly, she shares such awesome recipes I can't wait to make them!