Monday, September 8, 2014

Back to School!

Does anyone else feel like summer FLEW by and it's a shame we're back in school? HA! I was in school with finals/proctoring/grading until June 27th and then went to AC. Granted, I had my fun this summer but with working, it didn't feel like it was long enough.

Last Tuesday was Superintendent's Conference day at my new district. I got to meet all the language teachers and everyone was super nice. There's only one French teacher and she teaches 7-12. I teach the 6th grade class. She gave me an ENTIRE BINDER of basically every lesson and said I could use whatever I wanted. I was super happy.

Wednesday was the first day of school! It was SO different than being with my coworkers from the last two years. First off, my old school had air conditioning therefore I was spoiled. This one...not so much. But hey, it's okay. I think I was so burnt by the end of the first day I went to bed at 9:30! I can't remember the last time that I did that. 

Pretty much how I felt Friday afternoon.

Overall, my classes are not that bad. My Spanish 6 has 20 kids, my Spanish 7 has 26 kids and my French 6 has 30 KIDS!!!!! The principal told me that there were originally 37 kids enrolled but they had to tell kids no. I am SHOCKED!! We had 3 sections of it last year where I was working. I only see the 6th graders every other day so it is dragged out a bit. Today was my second day of seeing the French kids. 

If I am not teaching, I am in the testing center or the academic center when I don't have my lunch/prep/professional periods. The testing center is air conditioned but three periods in a row in there will FREEZE you!! If there are no tests/quizzes being given, the bright side is that I can plan!!

Overall, I am happy I got this job. I definitely would not be doing what I did the last two years this year if I was still there (they kept TAs in all classes BUT language classes) and I would have been a one-on-one. I miss my old chair and coworkers terribly but everyone in the department has made me feel welcome. 

Time to go plan for the rest of the week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment